Navigate the confusing world of health insurance with help from an independent agent. Serving Pleasanton and all of California.
A healthy body is a happy body, and there’s no better way to preserve you and your family’s health than with a health insurance policy from Secure West Insurance Marketing, Inc..
Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of your life.
Secure West Insurance Marketing, Inc. can help you find an affordable healthcare plan that’s right for you. Call 925-399-5114 and talk with one of our friendly agents today to learn more.
Major Types of Health Coverage
There are basically four major types of health insurance policies for California residents to choose from EPO, HMO, POS, and PPO.
These health insurance plans help cover your medical, surgical, and hospital expenses. They may even cover dental expenses, mental health services, and prescription drugs, depending on the coverage you choose.
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO): A managed care plan where services are covered only if you use doctors, specialists, or hospitals in the plan’s network (except in an emergency).
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): A type of health insurance plan that usually limits coverage to care from doctors who work for or contract with the HMO. It generally won’t cover out-of-network care except in an emergency. An HMO may require you to live or work in its service area to be eligible for coverage. HMOs often provide integrated care and focus on prevention and wellness.
- Point of Service (POS): A type of plan where you pay less if you use doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers that belong to the plan’s network. POS plans require you to get a referral from your primary care doctor in order to see a specialist.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): A type of health plan where you pay less if you use providers in the plan’s network. You can use doctors, hospitals, and providers outside of the network without a referral for an additional cost.
Common Health Insurance Terms
When discussing health insurance with your agent, it helps to understand some of the common terms you’ll run into. Below you’ll find definitions to some of the most common health insurance terms.
- Deductible — the amount of money you pay toward medical bills before your insurance coverage begins.
- Co-pay — a specified amount of money you pay upfront for doctor visits and prescription refills.
- Co-insurance — the percentage of medical bills you pay after meeting the deductible.
To learn more about health insurance, call Secure West Insurance Marketing, Inc. at 925-399-5114 and talk with one of our agents today. We’re right here in Pleasanton, ready to guide you toward a more secure future.
Medicare Health Plans
California Medicare Health Plans Find the right plan for you. Serving California since 1986. With so many Medicare health plan options available, it’s best to consult with an expert – it will save you time and money. We have been helping individuals in the California area choose the right Medicare health plans for over 30 […]
Long-Term Care Insurance Plans
Long-Term Care Insurance Plans The vast majority of Americans will require assistance in handling their daily affairs later in life. If you have assets that you want to protect and provide an inheritance, finding the right Long-Term Care insurance plan is critical to your welfare, and is an important part of your estate planning. Now, […]
Dental Insurance Plans
Dental Insurance Plans We offer all of the dental insurance plans that give you the most flexibility and comprehensive coverage available. The dental coverage can be added to your health plan for convenient billing depending on your situation. Or you may want to choose a separate dental plan to meet your needs. Please call us […]
Individual/Family Health Insurance
Individual/Family Health Insurance A healthy body is a happy body, and there’s no better way to preserve your health and your family’s health than with a health insurance policy from our agency. Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of […]
Employer-Group Health Insurance
California Employer-Group Health Insurance We’re here to make sense of the recent employer-health-insurance legislation in California, and help implement any needed changes quickly. Now more than ever, it pays to have a broker that focuses on the details and gets everything done for you. We can help you with anything related to employer-group health insurance […]
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from California's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.